Pages

Tuesday 9 June 2015

Badminton Horse Trials


A few weekends ago mummy and daddy took me to Badminton Horse Trials. They know that I really like horses as I do horse riding lessons. So daddy booked this for me I think secretly he really wanted to go because he went when he was a little boy when his daddy filmed it for the BBC.

He said that he fell into some stinging nettles and as it was a really hot day there so he was in shorts and a t-shirt... ouch. Daddy was really careful of the stinging nettles this time so that he didn't fall in again (hehe).

When we got there we saw so many Horses straightaway that had just been fed and were having a little warm up trot. Daddy said we should go to the main centre and see the ponies because there was a Shetland Pony Parade. We didn't have a clue what it was when we got there so we sat down and it was kids riding Shetland Ponies around the track in a race. It was so funny and mummy just couldn't stop laughing at it. There was one little fat Shetland Pony who had to stop halfway through because he was so out of breath. I think the Horse rider was a bit too big for him too.

The rest of the day we walked round the cross country track to see all the horses jump over the fences and they were so close running past us it was a little scary sometimes, but most the time it was really cool. I've never been so close to them running that fast before.

It was a nice warm day so me and mummy got some ice cream. We also got hotdogs and then daddy got himself a burger.

I hope we can go back next year but I just have to wait and see if daddy lets us. I have to be a good girl to go again daddy said.


1 comment:

  1. What a lovely account of what looks an amazing day out! And take care to stay clear of those nettles!

    ReplyDelete