Pages

Thursday 10 August 2017

Story Time - Broken Wrist


 Sorry I haven't been around lately just been having some time off, I've had lots of things going on at school. I have broken my wrist and it makes it hard to write as I broke my wrist on my right, and that's the hand I write with. I have been resting it up and making sure I don't overdo it.

This post is all about when I broke my wrist.  It was on sports day. All was fine for the morning bit of sports day, they were throwing and running races, nothing that interesting. I had lunch as normal and then it was outside in the playground to do some more of the fun games.
 The first game was a beanbag race with it on your head, where you walk up and down with it on your head. That was fine but we had some time left afterwards, before we had to go on to the next game so one of the helpers in our class said now to do it backwards. And that is where it all went wrong. I got the beanbag, put it on my head, started walking backwards. That was okay until I got back to the end where my group was waiting for me. I didnt see them as I was walking backwards so I tripped over one of them, fell into the basketball post and I landed really awkwardly on my arm.
Then I pretty much screamed. I got taken straight to First Aid and had some ice put on it. Luckily my mum was there as she works there so she rang my dad and we went to hospital to get it checked out.

And of course I broke my wrist. By the time you have read this I don't have my cast on anymore but I still have to be really careful with my wrist as it's going to be weak for a bit.

It's funny as I'm the first one in my family to actually break a bone, thought it would be one of my cousins first but no, it was me.


Here is a little video that I did last year I hope you enjoy make sure watch and have fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment